If You Or Someone You Love Were Injured Or Died In A Truck Accident in Illinois, You May Be Able To Recover Money In An Illinois Truck Accident Lawsuit or Settlement. Contact An Illinois Truck Accident Lawyer or Illinois Truck Accident Attorney.
A team of Illinois truck accident injury attorneys and Illinois truck accident injury lawyers is investigating Illinois personal injury lawsuit and settlement claims of individuals and families who have suffered serious personal injuries or death as a result of a trucking or truck accident in Illinois.
Every year thousands of people may be injured or die in truck and trucking accidents in Illinois. According to Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) statistics, almost 50,000 trucks are involved in auto accidents in Illinois each year. If you or a loved one were injured or died in an Illinois truck accident, contact an Illinois truck accident lawyer or attorney.
Find An Illinois Truck Accident Lawyer Who Is Right For You and Your Family. See If You May Be Entitled To Recover Money.
Illinois truck accident attorneys and Illinois truck accident lawyers are investigating the following types of trucking accidents in Illinois, among others:
- Head on truck crash
- Rear end truck collision (i.e., rear ended by a truck)
- Side impact truck collision (i.e., t-boned or hit from the side by a truck)
- Truck wreck
- Truck rollover
- Tractor trailer jackknife accident (e.g., when the axle brakes on a tractor trailer lock up and trailer skids, jackknifing until it a forms a 90 degree angle with the tractor)
- Under-ride truck accident (an underride collision occurs when a car travels underneath the truck’s rear trailer)
- Other type of truck accidents
Accidents that involve a truck are generally more likely to result in serious injury or death than accidents that involve smaller vehicles. If you or someone you love were hurt in a truck related accident, you and your family may be entitled to compensation.
Illinois Truck Accident Lawsuit Cases & Settlement Claims.
Truck accidents can happen in any city and in any county in Illinois. Illinois truck accident lawsuit cases and settlement claims potentially being investigated by Illinois truck accident lawyers and attorneys include truck and trucking related accidents in the following Illinois cities and counties, among others, for example:
- Arlington Heights
- Des Plaines
- Orland Park
- Tinley Park
- Oak Lawn
- Mount Prospect
- Hoffman Estates
- Oak Park
- Downers Grove
- Cook County
- DuPage County
- Lake County
- Will County
- Kane County
- McHenry County
- Winnebago County
- Madison County
- St. Clair County
- Sangamon County
- Champaign County
- Peoria County
- McClean County
- Rock Island County
- Tazewell County
- La Salle County
- Macon County
- Kankakee County
- DeKalb County
- Kendall County
- Vermilion County
- Adam County
- Williamson County
- Whiteside County
- Jackson County
- Ogle County
- Knox County
- Boone County
- Coles County
- Henry County
- Truck accidents in other Illinois cities, counties and locations.
If you were injured in a trucking related accident in one of these Illinois cities or counties or in any other Illinois city or county, connect with an Illinois truck accident attorney.
Types of Trucks Involved In Truck Accidents.
Various types of trucks travel on the roadway each day, any one which could potentially be involved in an accident, including the following types of trucks:
- Tractor-trailer, truck-trailer, semi-trailer or semi truck
- 18 wheeler, big rig or eighteen wheeler
- Large freight carrier
- Tank truck or tanker truck (carrying gas, chemicals, liquids, etc)
- Lowboy or logger
- Farm tractor or farm equipment, harvestors, livestock haulers
- Dump truck, garbage truck or truck for recycling, sewer or septic
- Cement mixer or snow plow truck
- Delivery truck (such as UPS, USPS and Federal Express or FedEx trucks)
- Commercial cargo truck or refrigerated truck
- Other types of heavy trucks and construction vehicles
- Box truck cube truck, cube van, straight truck or bob tail
- Moving truck (such as a Uhaul or Ryder)
- Firetruck, fire engine or ambulance or EMS vehicle
- Recreational vehicle or RV, motorhome, camper van, caravan
- Tow truck, flatbed and/or other types of medium trucks
- Pickup truck and/or other types of light trucks
Causes Of Illinois Truck Accidents.
Like car accidents in Illinois, truck accidents are often caused by the negligence, carelessness or recklessness of Illinois truck drivers who (together with their insurer) is generally responsible for compensating those may be injured as a result of the truck accident. Some of the more common causes of Illinois truck accidents can include:
- Wide turn or swinging turns that pulls the truck into oncoming traffic
- Air brake failure, especially when the truck is travelling downhill
- Fatigued truck driver or sleep deprived truck driver falling asleep at the wheel in his or her rig.
- Oversized or overloaded trailers and trucks carrying too much cargo that are overweight making them difficult to control or causing truck rollovers.
- Swerving truck that veers in to other lanes
- Tire blowouts due to too many miles driven, worn truck tires, separated treads, under or over inflation, etc causing truck driver to lose control of his or her truck.
- Slow pull out into traffic where trucker tries to pull heavy and slow truck into speeding traffic.
- Blind spots or no zones that prevent the trucker from seeing smaller cars or motorcycles driving behind the truck, in front of the truck, and/or on the right side or left side of the truck.
- Improperly secured cargo or load that falls off the truck and hits other vehicles or causes road obstacles for other drivers.
- Improperly trained truck driver, including improper braking technique and blind spot awareness.
- Failure to inspect the truck and/or properly maintain or repair truck, including the truck’s brakes, steering, mirrors, lights, reflectors, transmission, tires, and load.
- Sudden braking or slamming on brakes causing trailing car to under-ride underneath truck or causing the truck to jackknife into other vehicles.
- Impairment due to alcohol or drugs
- Driving under the influence DUI
- Driving while intoxicated DWI
- Drunk driving
- Texting or using a cell phone
- Driving truck recklessly or carelessly
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failing to yield or stop
- Truck driving the wrong way
- Tailgating or driving too close
- Disobeying rules of the road
- Unsafe passing of other vehicles by truck
- Failing to use caution in dangerous weather (rain, ice, snow, fog etc)
- Failing to use care around potholes
- Failing to slow down around dangerous curves in the road
Request a Free Confidential Review By An Illinois Truck Accident Lawyer.
If you or a loved one suffered serious injury, loss, damage or death as a result of a truck accident in Illinois, you may be able to bring an Illinois personal injury case or Illinois wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation for your injuries, losses and damages. An Illinois personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have a truck accident lawsuit case or settlement claim or wrongful death suit, who may be liable for the car accident injuries, whether you might be able to recover compensation in the form of money damages, and answer questions you may have about Illinois truck accident lawsuits and settlements.
If You Or A Loved One Have Been Injured Or Died In A Truck Accident In Illinois, Contact An Illinois Truck Accident Attorney Or Lawyer.
Fill Out The Form On The Right For A Free Illinois Truck Accident Review.